|The shored up trenches awaiting inspection.|
Having had a couple of false starts I finally found someone to do dig out for and then cast the concrete foundations for my new workshop. Fitting the building on the site proved more difficult than I was hoping as the site is both not square and out of level. With a bit of work we managed to get it on site with only a slight reduction in size from that planned. The reduction being required do to the fact that the plot has a slight taper, getting smaller from front to back.
What with the wet weather, the ground being a little on the soft side and the closeness of a neighbors building we had some unexpected expenditure shoring up all the trenches whist we waited for the building inspector to sign off on the work. Sadly despite everybody's hard work when the building inspector arrived she was not willing sign off as she had concerns about a tree that used to be on the site. After a few days she finally came back to me and said she would require the trench depth to be increased by 50mm, which was a shame as we had now shored up the trenches and this would now require doing by hand! Whether the 50mm would really make any practical difference I do not know be needless to say we complied with her request and thankfully she was happy to accept photographic evidence so we did not need to wait for her to come back out.
|Trenches full of concrete.|
Since then we have got the walls up to dpc level but I will save the pictures of them until my next post when hopefully the walls will be up to ridge height. Hope fully this will be in the next few weeks providing things warm up a bit!