Thursday, 25 June 2015

New Workshop - Getting there

Things have continued to progress on the workshop over the last few weeks.  We now have the patio doors fitted on the house side and we have replace the neighbours fence we removed during construction. We have also done several tip runs so things are beginning to look a lot more tidy.

Building control have done the final inspection and although it will take a couple of weeks for the paperwork to go through they have verbally confirmed its passed. I just waiting for sign off from the planning officer.

The biggest change since last time however is that the internal painting is nearly completed. Once again big thanks to my Dad for all his hard work painting! The blocks are really soaking up the paint. So far we have used about 50 litres of paint on the walls, but we will need at least another 10 litres maybe 20.

Hopefully next week we will get the floor painted, the roof insulated and maybe even get the power hooked up. Looks like I might even get everything done by my dead line of the 11th of July after all!

Clipsal C-Bus Dimmer Pack Repair

Been meaning to write up an Instructable on how to repair a Clipsal C-Bus dimmer pack for some time.  This week I finally had a chance, the pack in question had a couple of blown Triacs. The repair all in all was pretty simple but getting the cover off is a nightmare!

Saturday, 6 June 2015

New Workshop - Doors to Manual

Once again its been another busy week on the workshop and we have made much progress. Finally we have guttering up which worked out well although rather annoyingly I messed up and was short on a couple of bits.
The big progress however is that we have now fitted the segmented garage doors.  I opted for these over a roller shutter as they are both more secure and offer a much better seal against the weather.  The only real down side apart from the cost is that you do lose a bit of head room to the track.

Hopefully by the end of next week I will have the double doors fitted at the other end of the garage and thus we will finally be waterproof.  I also hope to make good the fences between my garden and the neighbors.

Monday, 1 June 2015

New Workshop - We have a floor

Sorry the updates have been a bit thin on the ground of recent times, as is often the case work and life got in the way.

Over the last couple of weeks we have made loads of progress, but the big one is that the floor has now been poured and is slowly curing.  I opted for a power floated floor in the end and I'm really pleased with the finish. Once its cured I think I will be painting it if only to help keep the dust down.

Hopefully by the end of the week the segmented garage door will be fitted and we will finally have some guttering up.